Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Live Where You Are!

I am sitting in a Hampton Inn in Baton Rouge, LA. Pastor Jeff and I just left All Access 2010 Church Planter's Conference for the evening, what a day! We just sat through a message by the host Pastor of The Healing Place Church, Dino Rizzo who challenged us to not despise the small things. Everything starts small, but that is just the beginning...

My take away is that we need to "Live", truly live, where we are. So many times we spend our lives looking for what's next, praying for the next BIG thing, that we forget to enjoy where we are. I am in a town on the Gulf Coast, my family and my church are seven hours away and I am reminded of what is most important. I am so very blessed. I have the greatest wife and kids anyone could ask for. My wife, Deidre, is the most amazing, talented, gifted person I have ever met. She has spent her life giving of herself for people to be saved. She never ceases to amaze me with her love, compassion, and passion for The Bridge. My girls are the prize of my life. God has blessed me greatly. I am so blessed to be able to minister to the greatest church in Hot Springs! I have decided to live where I am and watch God take us to the next place.

Here is the point of my rambling, God has put you and positioned you right where you are. You have two choices, walk around the mountain for 40 years grumbling about where you are, or thank God for his provisions and blessings and watch Him remove every obstacle and take you into the promised land. In the words of John Maxwell, Bloom Where Your Planted! God has great things for you, enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment